Top Android App: CamScanner
CamScanner turns your mobile Android phone into a portable scanning device.
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 2.76MB
- Category: Productivity
- Price: Free (Lite version)
CamScanner lets you quickly archive paper documents, receipts, notes, pictures, etc. as .pdf files.
To get started, click one of the two bottom left buttons (w/ a green plus sign) to take a picture or select an already existing image. From there, you’ll go into the Image Edit view, where you can crop and enhance the image. When dragging the corners of the crop region, use the pop-up magnified view to place the corner exactly where you want. Similarly, there’s a button if you don’t want to crop the image at all. Pressing the check-mark button will confirm and finalize the image. Additionally, a great feature is the ability to add multiple images together to create one .pdf file. This makes multi-paged documents very easy to manage. Check out the pre-installed Quickstart tutorial for all the details!
- Create multi-paged .pdf files
- Upload .pdf files to web-based storage services like Google Docs and DropBox
- Quickly share created documents via Email
Areas for improvement:
- Scanned searches should be fully indexable/searchable
- Expand share options to include SMS, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Conclusion: This Android app lets you snap an image and create a .pdf, all on the go.
Related Reviews & Articles: