Starbucks for Android, Get Your Caffeine Fix
Starbucks for Android is the fastest way to pay with, manage, and reload your Starbucks card.
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 3.83MB (apps2SD enabled)
- Category: Lifestyle
- Price: Free
With one click, Starbucks for Android displays a barcode which can be scanned to pay immediately. This feature is useable in over 6,800 U.S. Starbucks and 1,000 Target locations.
To begin using the app, enter your Starbucks card number and the code on the back. Then you can quickly check your balance, add funds using any major credit card, or view your transaction history.
If you’re in need of a caffeine fix, use the map option (access via Menu > Search) to find Starbucks locations near you. Make sure to use the map filters to narrow down your search results if you’d like to make a mobile payment with your Android device. Additional filters let you find Wi-Fi enabled locations, or those that are open now, have a drive-thru, or offer oven-warmed food.
Unfortunately, since I’ve used up all of my Starbucks cards and no longer have them, I wasn’t able to add a card. It seems like the app should provide the option of creating a new card and instantly loading it via a credit card or even the PayPal Android app. Since this app was only released recently, I would expect this type of improvement in the near future.
- Manage, reload, and pay with your Starbucks card via your Android device
- Pay at 6,800 Starbucks and 1,000 Target locations
- Find a nearby Starbucks with the interactive map
- Access My Starbucks Rewards program details
Areas for improvement:
- Add ability to create a new Starbucks card from within the app
- Option to transfer/combine balances between cards
- Expand support beyond U.S. locations
Conclusion: An Android app made for the caffeine addict in all of us. Starbucks is working hard on this Android app to make their customers’ lives that much easier.
Related Reviews & Articles: