Protect Your Android Device w/ Webroot Mobile Security
Webroot Mobile Security protects your Android device from a wide range of threats and can even help when your device is lost or stolen.
- Version: 126.96.36.1990
- Size: 2.54MB (no apps2SD)
- Category: Productivity
- Price: Free
Webroot is a powerful internet security solution that has now been brought to Android.
The first essential function is the Antivirus scan. You can setup Webroot to automatically scan any new app as it is installed as well as any newly downloaded or modified files. Full scans can also be scheduled to occur hourly, daily, or weekly.
Second, the Lost Device Protection is a feature you’ll hopefully never need to use. First, setup a password that you are sure to remember. Then, fill your buddy list with trusted friends/family who you’d like to be sent a temporary password if you forget yours. If your device is ever lost or stolen, you can use the following commands:
- lock [your password] – Locks your Android device and prevent unauthorized use (only your Webroot password will unlock it).
- wipe [your password] – Wipes SD card, contacts, calendar entries, call log, browser bookmarks and history, SMS messages, all secondary email accounts, and the password of the primary Gmail account.
- locate [your password] – Sends a link to Google Maps with phone’s current location.
- scream [your password] – Blasts a screaming noise from your lost or stolen device.
Third, Secure Web Browsing prevents malicious websites from opening in the Android browser. Similar to Google Chrome, if you attempt to enter a site that turns out to be suspicious, an alert pops up giving you the options to block it or continue.
Lastly, Call/SMS Blocking does just that, by enabling you to filter calls and text messages received from unwanted numbers.
- Complete package of security features to protect your Android device and personal information
- Antivirus scans, lost device protection, secured web browsing, and call/SMS blocking
- Easy setup and customization with minimal management required
- GPS location function much more accurate than many other Android security apps
Areas for Improvement:
- Ability to perform command functions via the web, including option to backup SD card and files before performing a wipe
Conclusion: Protect yourself from dangerous, unknown threats targeting your Android device.
Related Reviews & Articles: