Top Android App: Thinking Space
Thinking Space is an elegant “mind mapping” application for Android.
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 1.66MB (apps2SD enabled)
- Category: Productivity
- Price: Free (Full version ~$4.79)
“Mind mapping” is the name applied to “an intuitive and visual technique of organizing ideas.” Open Thinking Space and select “New Map.” Then, enter the name of the title node which is the overarching idea of your mind map. Next, tap on the node to activate the bottom toolbar by which you can create additional nodes or sub-nodes. Double-tap an existing node to edit it.
The support for gestures increases the speed at which you can create mind maps, but does require a decent amount of time to utilize it efficiently. Press the yellow star button to open the adjustable “Gesture Panel” where you can use this feature. The dark purple spot allows you minimize or resize the gesture panel. To completely close the gesture panel, tap it in the center.
This Android app is packed with features and customizations that make it incredibly useful, albeit a little intimidating at first. There is an extensive help section available by accessing the menu from within the app.
- Powerful organizational tool for an endless number of applications
- Clear, easy-to-use interface (including gesture support) for “mind mapping”
- Export in a variety of file types including images, text, or to the “cloud”
Areas for Improvement:
- Ability to set tasks/reminders/alarms for specific nodes
Conclusion: Organize and visualize your ideas, notes, etc. with the elegance and power of this “mind mapping” Android app.
Related Reviews & Articles: