Survive Tax Season w/ TurboTax SnapTax
TurboTax SnapTax is offered by Intuit Inc. to alleviate the fear and frustration associated with filing your taxes.
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 9.44MB (no apps2SD)
- Category: Finance
- Price: Free (license to file: $14.99)
First off, this Android app is specifically for people who have an income of $80,000 or less ($100,000 if married), no dependents, no home or real-estate ownership, and income only from W-2s, interest, or unemployment. This is definitely just for a simplified tax filing, and anything more complex would have to be done online (or by other more traditional means).
Once you have answered the qualifying questions and determined that you’d benefit from filing through the Android app version of TurboTax, comleting the process is extremely easy. First, either manually enter your income information or snap a photo of your W-2 form(s). Second, fill in your personal information like SSN, DOB, and occupation (this app’s forms are secure). Lastly, preview your filing and if you’re ready, purchase the filing license and submit your tax forms!
- Quickly determines whether you qualify to file with the Android app
- If you’ve used TurboTax, you know how error-proof their step-by-step process is
- Enter income details by snapping a picture of your W-2
- An affordable price ($14.99) required to file federal and state income taxes
- Detailed FAQ section
Areas for Improvement:
- Expand support for more complex filings
- Reduce file size or enable apps2SD to reduce strain on Android device internal memory (although you may only need the app installed for an hour or two to get the job done)
Conclusion: The fastest, easiest way to file your federal and state income taxes all from a single Android app (if you’re situation qualifies).
Related Reviews & Articles: