Calculus, Statistics, and Trig? Easy w/ the TI-83 Android App
The TI-83 Android app emulates the original Texas Instruments TI-83 graphing calculator directly on your Android device.
Note: app is now called Andy-83.
- Version: 1
- Size: 736KB (apps2SD enabled)
- Category: Tools
- Price: Free
Many of you surely remember (and may even still use) the TI-83 as being the calculator of choice for high school and college math and science courses. Conveniently, this app is a fully-functional emulator, meaning it can differentiate, integrate, and plot functions all day and night. I must admit, it was rather strange seeing the identical (yet miniaturized) display on my phone’s screen.
Because of the sophistication and power of the original TI-83, this Android app will easily replace any other calculator app you may have installed on your phone. Basic addition and subtraction is as easy as graphing logarithmic functions or calculating arcsine.
What really sets this app apart is the ability to write TI-BASIC programs or save textual notes. I didn’t try to port any of the original games I have on my TI-83+, but it would be incredible to have an easy way to do this. Blockdude or Bust a Move anyone?
- Fully-functional TI-83 graphing calculator emulator
- Ability to create and run programs as you could on the original TI-83
- Exact replica of the TI-83 interface, which is not only functional but evokes that feeling of nostalgia
Areas for Improvement:
- Relatively small size and close proximity of buttons makes input prone to error
- Option to toggle button haptic feedback
Conclusion: The one and only Android calculator app you’ll need because it does it all!
Related Reviews & Articles: