Gesture-Based Speed Dial with Sign
Sign is a gesture-based speed dial app which lets you instantly call or text. Now you don’t even need to open your contact list to get in touch with your favorite people.
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 179KB
- Category: Communication
- Price: $1.99 (Free Lite version)
Sign works by letting you assign single/multi-stroke gestures to any or all of your contacts. First, open the app, find a phone number by selecting the Manage Contacts icon, and then draw whatever gesture you want to use for that person. The “Sign” can be a number, letter, symbol, or any type of design you choose. Make sure that you create the Sign in a manner that you’re likely to use over and over again, because the app recognizes the number, direction, and order of strokes used to make it! This design element allows for the app’s intelligent functionality.
Then, select the app icon and draw the appropriate sign. You can select whether you want the app to automatically call the contact (after a short confirmation time of 0-4 seconds where you can choose to cancel) or open a text message for you to compose.
To manage your Signs, open the Manage Contacts icon from within the app and make any changes you’d like. To change the Sign, just draw over the old one and click Save.
- Saves plenty of time and effort in calling or texting favorite contacts
- Faster and more efficient than using the voice dialer
- Extremely responsive and now syncs with 3rd party contacts in addition to Gmail contacts
- Works as an app or as a widget (now can add to launcher apps’ docks)
Areas for improvement:
- It would be nice to gesture for multiple contacts at once to send a single mass text message
Conclusion: The beautiful implementation, ease-of-use, and efficiency of Sign makes this app definitely worth your purchase! Try the Lite version first (limited to three gesture-based contacts) if we haven’t convinced you.
Related Reviews & Articles: