Top Android Widget: Fancy Widget
Fancy Widget adds a beautiful look and feel to your homescreen, while providing you with the time, date, current weather, and forecast!
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.24MB
- Category: News & Weather
- Price: Free
First off a quick note: Make sure to exclude Fancy Widget from your Task Manager kill list, otherwise the widget will no longer update.
List of features:
- Clock with 12 or 24-hour formats
- Current weather/temperature (based on geolocation)
- Weather forecast
- Configurable refresh interval and links to apps from clicking the widget
- Landscape mode support
In order to change the settings, open the app from the apps list (not the usual method for widgets). One of the best functions of this widget is that you can choose what apps you would like to open by clicking on the clock, date, and weather. For example, I have the clock linked to the Alarm Clock for quick access. I also linked the date to my Calendar to quickly see my list of meetings/appointments for the day. Lastly, clicking the current weather icon will bring up the forecast for the next four days. Now this is all available from my homescreen!
- Completely configurable, i.e. linking to other apps directly from clicking the widget
- Elegant UI that complements your homescreen/wallpaper
- Time, date, current weather, and forecast all in one place
Areas for improvement:
- Takes up a 4×2 chunk of your homescreen
- May slow loading of the homescreen on older phones
Conclusion: A beautiful widget that encompasses multiple functions all-in-one. A definite complement to your homescreen!
Related Reviews & Articles: