Google Maps Updated with Biking Directions, Navigation Shortcut, and Sharing
Today, Google Maps was updated to version 4.2 (only for Android 1.6+ however). Now you can get biking directions, use the homescreen navigation shortcut, and share your location/directions with family and friends.
- Access biking directions directly from the Directions page.
- View the Bicycling Layer to view bike-only trails (dark green), roads with bike lanes (light green), and roads that are good for biking but do not have a dedicated bike lane (dashed green).
- Use the Terrain layer to challenge (or avoid) that big hill.
- A much needed addition to Google Maps.
- Get directions and be on the go in only 2 taps of your finger.
- Speak or type the location or select a saved/starred/previous location to get started.
- Much like the app Glympse, share location search results by email, text, Google Buzz, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Also, you can share your specific location on the map, if you want someone to know where to meet up with you.
Related Reviews & Articles: